Gay Bars in Los Angeles
Eclectic is the name of the game when it comes to the Los Angeles gay club scene. The idea of limiting the scene to a conventional bar setting was thrown out the window long ago in favor of establishing gay-friendly hangouts wherever possible; coffeehouses, restaurants and even health clubs double as purlieus for the rainbow-toting crowd. The gay bars of Los Angeles also offer the same atmospheric variety found in the breeder bars, allowing visitors to choose between a plethora of settings, from groovy dives and glamorous lounges. Mirroring the variety in the venues, the crowd itself shifts from locale to locale, ranging from beautiful, chiseled boys to the sexy, edgy leather crowd. Unlike San Francisco's Castro district, which is predominately geared towards the gay male population, LA's gay scene also hosts a thriving lesbian community and plenty of hangouts for everyone from butch babes to lovely lipsticks.
Gay Bars by Los Angeles Neighborhoods
- The Springs Brings ‘Urban Oasis’ to Arts District
- Three LA Restaurants Named Best in the U.S.
- Sponsored: An Inside Look at the LA & London Fashion Scene with Air New Zealand & Celebrity Stylists from Rachel Zoe Studio
- DJ Q&A: Jacob Plant, Dim Mak’s New ‘Ice Cream’ Man
- How to Host an Open House the Right Way